Job Opening: Volunteer Manager
This application process is now closed.
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, August 8, 2021
Location: Milwaukee, WI (60% in office, 40% remote)
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Report to: Program Director
Benefits: Health insurance, IRA, paid time off (vacation, sick, personal), travel and parking reimbursement
Founded in 2006, SecureFutures is a dynamic and growing organization with a mission to provide financial literacy programs and resources to empower students to make sound financial decisions. SecureFutures recruits, trains, and matches volunteers from the business community to deliver our financial education programs in high school classrooms and community-based organizations.
The Volunteer Manager is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, and training volunteers, which includes making presentations to groups. The Volunteer Manager matches volunteers to available opportunities and provides support for successful program delivery. This role works very closely with the Program Managers and Program Associate to ensure consistent, high-quality and impactful experiences for our volunteers and education partners.
- Volunteer Recruitment & Onboarding
- Recruit volunteers from diverse backgrounds and professions.
- Onboard new volunteers and ensure a good fit between volunteer and volunteer role.
- Volunteer Training
- Assist with the development, planning, delivery, and tracking of training to ensure volunteers are prepared to deliver programming effectively.
- Prepare volunteers to work cross-culturally and cross-generationally to create an inclusive educational experience for students.
- Assist with development of volunteer materials, including presentation guides and other resources.
- Volunteer Management (Matching, Engagement, Support, Recognition)
- Communicate volunteer opportunities to all active volunteers through mass emails and targeted outreach.
- Match trained volunteers to program opportunities.
- Problem-solve issues between education partners and volunteers, in partnership with Program Managers.
- Provide support to volunteers before, during and after programming.
- Manage volunteer appreciation and recognition efforts (newsletters, giveaways, etc.).
- Assist with planning and execution of other volunteer engagement and retention efforts.
- Program Support and Evaluation
- Communicate program details and logistics with all stakeholders.
- Ensure volunteers receive program materials in a timely manner.
- Solicit program feedback from volunteers.
- Analyze feedback and provide input regarding action steps.
- Participate in the curriculum review process focused on improving program quality and effectiveness.
- Database Management & Reporting
- Utilize Salesforce and other tools to monitor programs as they move through stages of planning and execution.
- Maintain program data and volunteer records in Salesforce.
- Assist with periodic reporting on volunteer data, activity, and impact.
- Participate in fundraising activities, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience and at least three years of work experience that is related to the role.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly, professional and informative manner, verbally and in writing.
- Computer literate, experienced user of Microsoft applications and Google Drive. Experience with databases or CRMs, especially Salesforce, a plus.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, process-minded, especially with data, document tracking, and project management.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and able to work independently without constant oversight and direction.
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to groups.
- Able to work cooperatively with and effectively engage diverse groups.
- Strong “customer service” attitude.
- Ability to work occasional evenings.
- Some travel is expected (typically <10% of time) and access to a reliable vehicle.
Email resume and cover letter to Vicki Lipinski at email@example.com.
For more information regarding SecureFutures, please visit our website at: https://securefutures.org/.
SecureFutures maintains a spirit and practice of inclusiveness, and seeks volunteers, staff, and board members who enrich our programmatic effectiveness through a diversity of experience, skills, cultures, and backgrounds. Our organization has a policy of equal opportunity for our volunteers, staff, and board, and does not discriminate in hiring, retention, promotion, volunteer recruitment, board recruitment, partnerships, and communities served on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status.