Job Opening: Senior Development Manager
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Report to: President and CEO
Benefits: Health insurance, 401K, paid time off (vacation, sick, personal), travel and parking reimbursement, cell reimbursement, flexible, hybrid work policy
Salary Range: $70,000-$75,000
Founded in 2006, SecureFutures is a dynamic and growing organization with a mission to provide financial education programs and resources to empower students to make sound financial decisions. SecureFutures currently partners with more than 250 high schools and community-based organizations across the state and beyond. We are outcome-focused and committed to continuous quality improvement. SecureFutures offers employees a flexible, hybrid work environment and schedule, and opportunities for professional development.
The Senior Development Manager is a key member of the leadership team and oversees the strategic and day-to-day fundraising for SecureFutures. Working closely with the President and CEO, and the Board of Directors, the Senior Development Manager will establish and cultivate relationships with key constituent groups and will develop and implement donor-centric fundraising strategies.
- Lead the design and execution of the annual fundraising plan
- Ongoing review and tracking of revenue goals
- Responsible for the corporate and foundation fundraising efforts and serves as primary contact
- Lead and motivate the development team
- Facilitate fund development training for Board and committee members
- Partner with the President/CEO and Board in developing a prospect pool for current and future gifts, using annual fund, special event and other tools to create a gift pipeline
- Oversee the drafting of proposals, applications, LOI’s and other related donor-focused materials
- Plan and implement major donor activities such as special meetings, program observation, and interaction with program participants
- Oversee the planning and execution of fund development special events
- Prepare progress and relationship management reports to support actionable next steps for Board, senior leadership and staff
- Work with Senior Marketing Manager to prepare development-focused materials
- Staff and coordinate meetings with the fund development committee
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience in development
- Supervisory experience
- Business and operational planning experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Polished public speaking and presentation skills; collaborative problem solver; risk-taker and strong analyzer
- Ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal and team relationships
- Demonstrated team leadership
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and existing or developing expertise in Salesforce or similar CRM
- Requires local travel
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to Vicki Lipinski, Operations Director, at email@example.com.
For more information regarding SecureFutures, please visit our website at securefutures.org SecureFutures maintains a spirit and practice of inclusiveness and seeks volunteers, staff, and board members who enrich our programmatic effectiveness through a diversity of experiences, skills, cultures, and backgrounds. Our organization has a policy of equal opportunity for our volunteers, staff, and board, and does not discriminate in hiring, retention, promotion, volunteer recruitment, board recruitment, partnerships, and communities served on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status. Our values statement can be found at: https://securefutures.org/about-us/.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn to see position announcements as they are made.