Job Opening: Business Development Consultant
This application process is now closed.
Deadline to Apply: August 16, 2021
Location: Milwaukee, WI (60% in office, 40% remote)
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Report to: Program Director
Benefits: Health insurance, IRA, paid time off (vacation, sick, personal), travel and parking reimbursement
Founded in 2006, SecureFutures is a dynamic and growing organization with a mission to provide financial literacy programs and resources to empower students to make sound financial decisions. SecureFutures currently partners with more than 150 high schools and community-based organizations across the state and beyond.
Launched 2 years ago, Money Path is our newest innovation in equipping teens with the tools for financial freedom. This cutting-edge, web-based financial education application allows students to explore how their decisions about college, career, budgeting, and saving will impact their long-term goals and lifelong financial success.
The Business Development Consultant will primarily be responsible for growing the Money Path program. They will identify and qualify prospective educators and key decision makers within school districts and high schools across the state of Wisconsin, secure business meetings through cold calling, email, events and outbound campaigns, and successfully grow the number of schools, educators and students utilizing Money Path. They will effectively build and manage a sales pipeline, and implement strong follow-up activities to drive growth. They will work closely with the Program Manager to ensure successful scheduling and implementation of Money Path.
Once we achieve scale in Wisconsin, this position may grow into a national business development consultant.
- Generate appointments
- Research new opportunities with school districts, schools and CESA’s to determine educators to target.
- Collaborate with the program manager to understand existing relationships and identify opportunities for expansion.
- Create and implement formal sales and marketing strategies to secure meetings with educators, including email, cold calling, referral, centers of influence, drop-ins, and other tactics.
- Maintain a formal pipeline in Salesforce and implement strong follow-up communication strategies.
- Conduct appointments
- Hold meetings with teachers, school administrators and school district leadership to understand strategies for Academic and Career Planning and Personal Financial Literacy, and position Money Path as a strong solution to support their goals and impact student achievement.
- Conduct demos, live training and educator professional development sessions.
- Implement a timely, high quality follow-up strategy to drive new programming
- Learn and utilize a high quality consultative sales process
- Product and Program Expertise
- Be “the product expert” from both a technical and implementation perspective.
- Communicate the specific value of Money Path to various stakeholders.
- Deliver Money Path effectively to students in the classroom to model high quality delivery.
- Program Support and Evaluation
- Facilitate a timely and strong hand-off to the program implementation manager.
- Analyze program feedback and provide input regarding action steps.
- Participate in the curriculum review process focused on improving quality and effectiveness.
- Database Management and Reporting
- Utilize Salesforce to build prospect and customer opportunities and to manage these opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Update prospect and customer records in salesforce in a timely and accurate manner
- Review pipeline with manager weekly
- Goal Attainment
- Achieve activity, appointment, presentation and sales goals
- Participate in fundraising activities, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least five years of work experience in the education or education product sales field.
- Knowledge of sales processes and ability to adhere to established processes
- Ability to communicate in a friendly, professional and informative manner, verbally and in writing.
- Computer literate, experienced user of Microsoft applications and Google Drive. Experience with databases or CRMs, especially Salesforce, a plus.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, process-minded, especially with data, document tracking, and project management.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and able to work independently without constant oversight and direction.
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to groups.
- Able to work cooperatively with and effectively engage diverse groups.
- Strong “customer service” attitude.
- Ability to work occasional evenings.
- Some travel is expected (typically <25-35% of time) and access to a reliable vehicle.
Email resume and cover letter to Vicki Lipinski at email@example.com.
For more information regarding SecureFutures, please visit our website at: https://securefutures.org/.
SecureFutures maintains a spirit and practice of inclusiveness, and seeks volunteers, staff, and board members who enrich our programmatic effectiveness through a diversity of experience, skills, cultures, and backgrounds. Our organization has a policy of equal opportunity for our volunteers, staff, and board, and does not discriminate in hiring, retention, promotion, volunteer recruitment, board recruitment, partnerships, and communities served on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status.