Job Opening: Director of Volunteer Programs
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Report to: Vice President of Programs
Benefits: Health insurance, IRA, paid time off (vacation, sick, personal), travel and parking reimbursement, cell reimbursement, flexible work policy
Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000
Founded in 2006, SecureFutures is a dynamic and growing organization with a mission to provide financial literacy programs and resources to empower students to make sound financial decisions. SecureFutures currently partners with more than 250 high schools and community-based organizations across the state and beyond. We are outcome-focused and committed to continuous quality improvement.
The Director of Volunteer Programs oversees the Money Coach, Money Sense and Volunteer Management group to ensure the successful execution of outreach and program activities, as well as volunteer engagement. They will also develop partnerships to grow the utilization of volunteer-led programming in high schools and community organizations. Roughly 60% of this role will be dedicated to partnership development, 20% will be spent on supervisory duties, and 20% will be spent providing direct programming support to the team.
- Coach and support the team, assist direct reports in program planning, problem-solving, and strategy execution
- Meet regularly with direct reports and evaluate employee performance through the annual goal setting and review process
- Ensure the continuation of duties, if an absence occurs on the team
- Assist in hiring, coaching, developing, supervising and retaining program staff
- Program Outreach, Support and Evaluation
- In conjunction with the Program and Marketing teams, participate in the development and execution of communication strategies to recruit partner schools or community-based organizations, students and volunteers for volunteer-led programming
- Work with Program Managers and Vice President of Programs to develop and execute growth strategies
- Execute outreach strategies (cold calling, emails, meetings, referrals, etc.) to secure and retain program partners for MoneySense programs
- Understand the needs and desired outcomes of educator partners and position SecureFutures as a strong solution to support their goals and impact student achievement
- Facilitate a timely and strong hand-off of Money Sense programs to the Program & Data Success Manager
- Represent SecureFutures to external partners, as needed, through meetings, trainings, conferences, and other events
- Analyze program feedback and provide input regarding action steps
- Participate in the curriculum review process focused on improving quality and effectiveness
- Data Management and Reporting
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Programs, create, track, and report on program goals and ensure program objectives are implemented and met by Program Managers
- Utilize Salesforce to record all program data and maintain and enhance data integrity, metrics and reporting
- Update educator contact records in Salesforce in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with planning and execution of special initiatives and events, including volunteer and partner engagement/appreciation
- Participate in fundraising activities, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years experience in program outreach and management
- at least 2 years supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have a positive, collaborative, supportive and interactive approach to working with high performing, diverse, and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal and team relationships
- Experience with building and supporting partnerships with external organizations, especially schools and nonprofits
- Desire to learn, explore, problem-solve and constantly improve processes and results.
- Demonstrated team leadership and supervisory skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, strong project management skills
- Ability to understand organizational strategic goals and how components fit together
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite, plus existing or developing expertise in Salesforce or a similar CRM
- Requires local travel to meet with educators and promote programs
Email cover letter and resume to Vicki Lipinski, Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding SecureFutures, please visit our website at: https://securefutures.org/.
SecureFutures maintains a spirit and practice of inclusiveness, and seeks volunteers, staff, and board members who enrich our programmatic effectiveness through a diversity of experience, skills, cultures, and backgrounds. Our organization has a policy of equal opportunity for our volunteers, staff, and board, and does not discriminate in hiring, retention, promotion, volunteer recruitment, board recruitment, partnerships, and communities served on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status. Our values statement can be found at: https://securefutures.org/about-us/.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to see position announcements as they are made.